Monday, June 10, 2013

Learning to be proud of my past...

I've attached a few drawings from 1977 when I was in 8th grade.  I loved stuff like this, and I did 6 of these, I think and  I'm pretty sure I copied them from some greeting cards.  I was so proud of myself, I'm glad that I put all that art into protective sleeves, because finding them, again,  has inspired me ;)  When I found these, I began to realize that my ability to create has always been part of me.  At times, it allowed me to escape the chaos that was my home life.  As I chart my most prolific periods of art creation, it seems that each one is tied to change.  Sometimes uncomfortable with relationships, other times lonely and depressed, I was able to put my ideal life on paper, and get approval for it.  Shucks, I got good grades for it, too!

Now, I am going through another big change in my life, and I am ready to plunge into, and relish the time I get to spend with, my art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment