Monday, June 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise...

When I was in high school, I started creating, in earnest.  Recently, I went through some Rubbermaid containers and discovered 20+ drawings I'd completed between my sophomore and senior years.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were pretty darn good! 

These are from a series I did on the BeeGees and Andy Gibb.  Back in their heyday,   my sister and I were so utterly, totally in love with them and they became my favorite subject matter.  I was a sophomore when these were drawn.  I haven't seen them in so long that I forgot that I ever had the ability to draw portraits.

This is why I like to try all kinds of mediums, subject matter and styles.  Lately, I've tried my hand at "Zentangle" type of doodling.  What fun!  There are a couple of examples attached.  That's all for now, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment