Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fun fun for everyone!

I'm thinking about the joy that art has brought to my life.  This photo of my mom and me shows me, at age 6, drawing and coloring. (I still have an original drawing, completed at age 5!).  My mom was a wonderful painter and HER dad was brilliant with pen & ink, acrylics and watercolor.  It's a lot to live up to, as their artwork covers the walls of my home!  So here's my shout out to the most artistically influential people in my life:

"Thank you for the talent that you shared, Mom & Grandpa, I'll strive to be the best that I can be!"

I'll be posting some of my work weekly, and sharing my thought process for each piece (if there's more than one, in the same style or same subject, I won't necessarily comment on each).

I began taking a watercolor class, in June 2012, and it changed my life.  A wonderful coincidence occurred when I signed up for the class...the instructor was along lost friend!  I love this class because it unleashed a passion that I had never imagined.  It helped that I had a strong foundation in drawing, using pastels, pencils and charcoal.  More about this, tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment